HNSB is a social enterprise company providing catering services and restaurant in Damansara Damai and Klang Valley Region.
The bottom 40% (B40) income group in Malaysia are extremely susceptible to health issues and economic downturns. The B40 have been the hardest section of the society to be hit by the Covid-19 pandemic. Many have lost their only source of income and the pandemic accompanied with the subsequent lockdowns has left many of them struggling to even put a single meal on the table.
Halaman Nurani is a social enterprise accredited by the Ministry of Entrepreneur Development and Cooperatives (MEDAC) with the aim to help the B40 community out of poverty by providing space for work, practical and business training in the culinary arts. It is an awardee for the Best Social Business by MyHarapan.
KMATM (Kedai Makan Abang Tukang Masak) is located at Damansara Damai. It is home to a lot of B40 households. As of today, KMATM has received 800 B40 families registered for food and job assistance.
KMATM will be used by HNSB to set up as base of operation with kitchen tools and equipment for the following:
– Generate income from restaurants.
– Generate income through job to job catering services.
– Training ground and employment opportunities in the food and beverage industry.
– Bakery, cake products and tit-bits (chips) for production and trading.
HNSB is unique as its goal is to provide assistance and support NGOs and charity organisations. The premises have been planned for repairs and renovation work so that the business plans can be rolled out. This will cost an estimated RM100,000. Current business activities that are already up and running and generate income include a restaurant and cake and catering services.
What Is HNSB Doing?
1. Restaurant/ Catering Services: HNSB provides catering for outdoor and indoor events. They can serve up to 3000 guests at a time, with notable clients such as Homepro Malaysia, Tesco Malaysia, Bank Rakyat and any Malaysia Major event.
2. Selling cakes by implementing a drop-shipping system, where the agents include B40 communities in Perak, Kuala Lumpur, Johor, Negeri Sembilan, Pahang and Selangor.
3. HNSB social enterprise focuses on helping the B40 groups out of poverty by providing space for work, practical training, business training and at the same time teaching them to produce their own products.
4. Volunteers come onboard from variety of background such as chefs, accountants, doctors, architects etc. Volunteers will help on this project during their free time.
Currently, the profits from HNSB businesses help to sustain the training to the B40 community.
1. Access to funding and cash flow constraints.
2. Low access to funds to set-up business activities.
3. Premises operations requires repairs and for upgrading the tools and equipment.
4. Shortage of adequate kitchen equipment to implement business plans.
5. Absence of facilities and classroom to conduct adequate trainings.
Donations to this campaign will be used for kitchen renovation and office upgrades in order to provide training ground for the B40 community and to increase the restaurants income.
HNSB targets to provide to 800 B40 group participants registered under this program with the following target objectives: –
Short Term (1 year)
– Up to 300 B40 group participants will be expected to improve their own monthly incomes.
– Up to 100 B40 group participants will develop the adequate knowledge and skills to start their own businesses.
– Up to 40 B40 group participants would be able to sustain and grow their businesses.
Midterm (2 years)
– B40 group participants would increase in their knowledge and skill-sets.
– Reduce the number B40 Group in Damansara Damai by 25%.
Long Term (3 years)
– Issues being faced by the B40 groups in Damansara Damai have been solved entirely.
Note: We are fundraising an additional RM1,000 to cover the payment gateway fee for our targeted amount of RM50,000.
|Jim lee||RM 200|
|Alliance Bank Support Lokal Initiative||RM 895|
|Herfian Rothman||RM 20|